Dear Fellow Empath: Screaming Head and Heart
Create Your Empathic Response Profile
How do you feel when your partner is anxious?
How do you feel when your sister has a sore back?
Creating my own Empathic Response Profile helped me realize I am communicating telepathically (non-locally) unconsciously. This is natural for empaths as their consciousness is connected to the Oneness that unites us all. But life gets complicated when you end up living someone else’s experience. That’s not what your life is about, it’s about expressing your true self as an evolved, highly telepathic, loving being.
Creating Your Empathic Response Profile
Creating your Empathic Response Profile is an ongoing exercise. Sometimes the relationship between your thoughts and feelings and another is obvious and sometimes it’s not. The goal is not to blame or externalize your power rather it is the first step towards a more empowered you.
Begin creating your profile with these steps.
- Notice how you feel around each person you meet. Are you more depressed, does a specific part of your body hurt, are you happier, hungrier, more empowered, more tired, excited, anxious?
- Notice how you feel around your family and close friends. Ask yourself the same questions from #1.
- Name your experience and ask your intuition for guidance right on the spot.
Note: It seems that empaths have trouble believing that someone else feels depressed or anxious, experiences pain, or doesn’t feel confident. Empaths have trouble believing that someone who looks happy is not truly happy or that someone in pain says they are fine. This is where you need to trust your intuition, trust your feelings and trust your body. You are receiving information that is invisible, it is coming through the subtle channels of consciousness, not through the normal channels of communication. Take off the rose-colored glasses and allow yourself to intuitively know without preconceptions and expectations.
Over time you will find yourself more aware of your empathic responses and they will get very specific.
Keep a journal of your experiences so you can refer to it. Look at this as a field research project, revealing information step-by-step.
Here is an example of my Empathic Response Profile.
These are the consistent empathic responses I’ve come to know.
- When my oldest daughter is anxious, I feel angry.
- When my youngest daughter is anxious, I feel tired.
- When my husband’s ADHD is out of control, I leave my body.
- When my mother was depressed, I felt exhausted. (not from taking care of her but from our energetic linkage)
- When one particular fiend is upset, I feel at loose ends.
- When one particular friend is angry, I feel like she is angry at me.
- When the United States experiences traumatic events such as mass killing, weather-related tragedies, political upheaval, I feel fluish.
- When there is a big earthquake anywhere in the world I have to go to sleep.
- When one particular friend has a migraine headache, I feel like screaming.
- When a client is experiencing pain and suffering I will feel their feelings a day before the session or dream about them at night.
- A few hours before I’m to teach a class I’ll feel the general darkness and negativity of the class.
- When my husband is anxious, my feet hurt.
- When anyone in my family is hungry, depressed, or anxious I want to eat.
- When I wake up in the middle of the night with a feeling of doom or anxiousness, I know it’s someone else, not me.
- When I’m with a person in the midst of dying I feel inspired and connected to the divine.
My strategy for clearing and detaching is to ground and center with Mother Earth and Father Sun to run high-frequency wisdom energy through my consciousness. Here is the Grounding Meditation I practice.
Can't view the player? Download the audio file here.Play this file in your browser. You may download the file to your iOS device by using an iOS compatible file manager such as DropBox. We don't provide technical support. Please contact your local Apple store if you need help with your iOS device.
Creating your Empathic Response Profile will help create some distance and perspective for you. You will come to know yourself and create ways to clear and disengage as your clarity increases and intuitive wisdom emerges.
Once I’ve cataloged my empathic experiences it’s easier for me to say:
- Those aren’t mine. I send healing prayers for those who are experiencing the pain and suffering.
- I trust their higher guidance to guide them on a healing journey as I trust mine to do the same.
- They are allowed to have their experiences without my entanglement just as I am allowed to have mine free of entanglement from others.
Of course, you want to develop your telepathic abilities and experience of Oneness, that’s a no-brainer. When figuring out my empathic nature I knew I had an “in” with the light and love of the cosmos, but it seemed to come with the high price of confusion, weak boundaries and feeling generally lost. I learned to navigate what I call 3-D reality from the wisdom and light of higher consciousness. Creating your Empathic Response Profile is a great way to help you keep your connection to the higher realms and ground safely in everyday life.
- Don’t Let the World Close in on You 1.31.20
- Vibes Speak Louder Than Words 12.10.19
- Empaths: Change Your Identity Change Your Life! 10.31.19
- Direct Awakening of the Guru Within 9.15.19
- What is Your Greatest Purpose this Lifetime? 8.30.19
- My Biggest Empath Challenge: Dealing with Angry People 7.17.19
- Spirit Time is NOW! 7.15.19
- Empaths Need A Language of Love, Unity, and Connection to be Considered Valued and Valid 7.05.19
- Ungrounded Energies are Toxic to Empaths and Everyone Else! 6.24.19
- When Star and Stone are Held Together 5.04.19
- Embodied Spirituality: Your Body as a Sacred Site 4.30.19
- Mother’s Day Love and a Near Death Experience 4.25.19
- Dear Fellow Empath: Screaming Head and Heart 4.14.19
- Resisting the Equinox Energies Won’t Be Fun 3.19.19
- Making the Invisible Visible 3.18.19
- Are You a Happy Empath? 3.07.19
- Help! I Can’t Find the Words 2.26.19
- Making Sense of Embodiment 2.14.19
- Dear Fellow Empath #6 1.31.19
- Dear Fellow Empath #5 1.25.19
- Dear Fellow Empath #4 1.17.19
- Dear Empath #3: Consult Empaths for a Better World 1.12.19
- Dear Fellow Empath #2 1.07.19
- A Letter to My Fellow Empaths 12.26.18
- I Am an Empath 12.13.18
- Wake Up Calls, Sleepless Nights and the Winter Solstice 12.01.18
- Hip, Knee, Back and Neck Pain: Check Out Your Boots! 11.27.18
- (Re)Treats for Your Consciousness 11.13.18
- “I Don’t Care” and “I Don’t Know” are not Acceptable Answers 8.27.18
- “I Don’t Care” and “I Don’t Know” are not Answers 8.24.18
- Planetary Frequencies Jump Higher 8.20.18
- All About Channeling: Channel Your Higher Self 8.05.18
- 2018 Summer Solstice Ceremony 5.27.18
- Removing the Shroud of Guilt and Shame Programming 4.21.18
- If Your Beloved is an Empath You Are Very Lucky! 2.08.18
- Vibrational Intelligence….Empaths Have it Mastered! 1.01.70
- 2018 Message from Sarah Weiss 1.14.18
- For Empaths: Ten Strategies for Happy Holidays 12.10.17
- The Sun, Moon and Solstice Wisdom 12.04.17
- Ascension Medicine: Energy First 10.31.17
- What’s the Lesson? 9.28.17
- The Enlightened Empath Continued 9.14.17
- The Enlightened Empath Part Two: Flooding, Paralysis and Isolation 6.28.17
- The Enlightened Empath Part One 6.06.17
- Relaxation Should Be #1 on Your To-Do List! 4.02.17
- Intuition Helps You Know What You Already Know 2.19.17
- Living from the Ground of Being 1.12.17
- Getting Unstuck from 3D 1.07.17
- Empower Your 2017 Intentions with the 1/1/17 Crescent Moon 12.28.16
- Viral Anxiety: Are You Infected? 12.15.16
- 2017 The Year of Clarity 12.01.16
- If You Are a Spiritual Seeker you Know what to Do Right Now 11.13.16
- Spiritual Divorce: Creating Love and Light 10.08.16
- You Can’t Beat Karma to the Punch! 9.12.16
- Intuition…Your Trusty Guide to Dating and Relationships 8.08.16
- Jewish Grandmother and Consciousness Pioneer 7.30.16
- Happiness….Where is it Hiding? 5.13.16
- The Mystery School of Life 5.04.16
- Spring Equinox Retreat: Escape Velocity 3.03.16
- New Feminine Energies Rising–Teleclass 2.25.16
- Healing Intuition….Your Inner Physician 1.10.16
- 2015 Winter Solstice 12.17.15
- Versions of Your Higher Self 12.02.15
- Scared Sacred 10.29.15
- Fall Equinox and Mercury Retrograde: Peace or Chaos 9.15.15
- Taking A Look at the Third Eye! 8.27.15
- New Energy Supporting Healthy Relationships 8.18.15
- The Solstice Effect 6.07.15
- The Deeper Meaning of Grounding 5.20.15
- What is Grounding? 5.16.15
- Sedona Retreat Journal 5.12.15
- What’s Your Spiritual IQ? 5.05.15
- Preparing for the Equinox…..Spring is Coming! 2.20.15
- Heart Centered Full Consciousness Living 2.19.15
- Taking Refuge in Your Body 2.08.15
- Living (Surviving) the Cusp of a New Age 1.17.15
- Please Don’t Mangle the Teachings! 12.27.14
- The Trauma in Dismissing Intuitive Intelligence 12.07.14
- Full On Powerful…Stop Splitting and Crashing 11.04.14
- Solar Flares….We Like Them! 9.15.14
- Time to Upgrade Your Consciousness 9.10.14
- Death: A High Frequency Experience 9.03.14
- Nurturing Relationships…..Feelings are Power 8.26.14
- Full Moon Catapults Us Light Years 8.10.14
- Truth and Health in Relationships 7.09.14
- Heart Wisdom and Vision in Relationships: 2014 July Attunement 6.28.14
- Understanding the Solstice 6.15.14
- Summer Solstice 2014 6.03.14
- Embodying Spirit 4.27.14
- Presence, Patience and Wholeness 4.18.14
- Intuition: The Path to the Divine 1.01.70
- Accessing Subtle Energies: Preparation 1.01.70
- The Medical Intuitive Within: Part Three 1.01.70
- The Medical Intuitive Within: Part Two 1.01.70
- The Medical Intuitive Within: Part 1 1.01.70
- Medical Intuition: Where to Begin? 1.01.70
- 3 Little Steps to Become More Intuitive 1.01.70
- So You Want to Be More Intuitive? 1.01.70
- Twelve Myths about Intuition 1.01.70
- Visiting with the Divine Mother 4.17.14
- When is it Time to Heal? Part Five 3.01.14
- When is it Time to Heal? Part Four 2.17.14
- When is it Time to Heal? Part Three 2.10.14
- When is it Time to Heal? Part Two 2.04.14
- When Is It Time to Heal? Part One 1.30.14
- Saying “Yes” to the Sacred 1.19.14
- Solar Pole Shift…..As the Sun Turns, So Do We! 1.07.14
- Tired, Cranky, Sleepy…It’s the Solstice! 12.25.13
- Freedom to be Your True Self 12.15.13
- Loving Mother Earth 10.30.13
- Relationship Ecology: Heart of Divorce 10.27.13
- Equinox Attunement 9.16.13
- Your Community is Gathering 8.23.13
- Equinox Energies 6.01.13
- Unusual Energies 3.07.13
- Say “YES” to Mercury Retrograde 3.04.13
- The Wisdom of Meteors and Asteroids 2.18.13
- Working Too Hard 2.12.13
- Whackiness 1.31.13
- The Passing of a Beloved 1.22.13
- Spiritual Divorce Ceremony 1.13.13
- The Time We Have Been Waiting For 1.06.13
- Centered In Higher Self 12.30.12
- We’ve Shifted 12.26.12
- High and Low Frequencies 1.01.70
- Young Healers Among Us 6.11.12
- Sleep and Illness 6.07.12
- Venus Transit 6.05.12