Empower Your 2017 Intentions with the 1/1/17 Crescent Moon
If you feel powerless, depressed or anxious in the face of the uncertainty in the world try reclaiming your power by setting new intentions for 2017.
Setting intentions for your dreams and goals is not a strict or rigid experience, it’s a practice in self-awareness. Examining our dreams and goals once a year helps draw us back into our heart, review where we’ve lost track of what is meaningful, and open to new possibilities. Most importantly it reawakens inspiration and enthusiasm that may have been lost to the daily grind of an uninspired life.
This year the first crescent moon falls from the first to the third of January (1/1 – 3/2017). It’s perfect timing for setting your intentions for 2017! We all deserve to have our wishes and dreams fulfilled so unleash the full strength of your heart’s passion, let it fully blast forth and pave the way for manifestation in 2017.
What is the Crescent Moon?
The crescent moon period consists of days 4, 5, and 6 of the new moon cycle. It is the time for new beginnings, new projects, and new inspiration.
For more about manifesting with the moon read Urban Astrologer
Make a 2017 Dreams and Intention Journal
Sticky notes? Notebook paper? Beautifully bound journal? Any of these will serve as your 2017 Dreams and Intention Journal. It’s more important to write it down in detail than to worry about what it looks like. Just make sure you can read it!
Be very specific and whenever possible write the most optimal dream and wish and then visualize the most benevolent and gentle path to the goal. Picture the goal already attained and feel it with your body, mind, and heart.
First, make three categories across the top of your paper and title them:
1. Intention, 2. One Action Step, 3. Outcome desired.
Write the intention (1), one step towards manifesting the intention (2), and the outcome desired (3). Be as specific as possible and start every intention with the words “I AM”. This brings the intention into the present moment and is a more powerful statement.
Here’s an example for the “Cultivate Positive Relationships” category:
1. I AM surrounded by positive, supportive, and loving friends and family who recognize and accept my true being.
2. I will set up a coffee/tea/dinner date with _____________ .
3. When we meet she/he will have something inspirational, affirming and/or practical to offer in support of my goal.
Here are a few self-explainable categories for identifying your goals and intentions for 2017. Add or subtract at will, these are only suggestions.
1. Spiritual Realization
2. Dare to Dream
3. Expand Your Heart
4. Improve Your Health
5. Cultivate Positive Relationships
6. Set Boundaries
7. Identify Professional Goals
8. Identify Areas that Deserve Abundance
9. My Greater Purpose
10. Be Present
11. Dreams and Intentions for My Community
12. Dreams and Intentions for Mother Earth
13. Dreams and Intentions for Humanity
Don’t write a book. Keep the intentions short and sweet.
When your Dream and Intention Journal is complete set it down for a day and come back to it.
Ask yourself if you want to add, delete or edit any of the entries. Check the sincerity of your intentions. Do these represent my true, unique self or are do they fulfill expectations placed on me by others (family, friends, society)? Once you are satisfied move on to empowering your dreams and intentions.
Empowering with the Crescent Moon on January 1, 2, or 3, 2017
When your journal is complete there are many ways to empower it but the most powerful is to take an action step during the crescent moon phase. Make the call, read the book, make a symbol for your altar, sign up for the class, book a vacation…. these are just a few action suggestions. Based on your time and priorities take one step towards empowering an intention.
You can also “reiki” (holding your hands over the page and inviting Source energy to radiate through your hands to shine light) on your journal entries, see it bathed in celestial light, imagine angels blessing it, or ask your guides for help manifesting. Making a manifestation board with pictures of your dreams fulfilled is also powerful. Request help and guidance in your dreams. It’s important that you bring your full passion and sincere desire to the energizing of your journal.
If your list is too big for one three-day crescent moon cycle you have two options. Days 10, 11, 12 of the waxing moon cycle are the next powerful manifestation days to energize your intentions or wait for the next month’s crescent moon cycle.
You have four days until the end of the year to put together your 2017 Dreams and Intentions Journal. Remember it can be short and concise. If something doesn’t feel right, come back to it, and adjust or upgrade it until it feels right. This may be a sign that it isn’t ripe for manifestation just yet. Don’t rush but don’t delay!
Have a happy and empowered New Year!
- Dear Fellow Empath #4 1.17.19
- Dear Empath #3: Consult Empaths for a Better World 1.12.19
- Dear Fellow Empath #2 1.07.19
- A Letter to My Fellow Empaths 12.26.18
- I Am an Empath 12.13.18
- Wake Up Calls, Sleepless Nights and the Winter Solstice 12.01.18
- Hip, Knee, Back and Neck Pain: Check Out Your Boots! 11.27.18
- (Re)Treats for Your Consciousness 11.13.18
- “I Don’t Care” and “I Don’t Know” are not Acceptable Answers 8.27.18
- “I Don’t Care” and “I Don’t Know” are not Answers 8.24.18
- Planetary Frequencies Jump Higher 8.20.18
- All About Channeling: Channel Your Higher Self 8.05.18
- 2018 Summer Solstice Ceremony 5.27.18
- Removing the Shroud of Guilt and Shame Programming 4.21.18
- If Your Beloved is an Empath You Are Very Lucky! 2.08.18
- Vibrational Intelligence….Empaths Have it Mastered! 1.01.70
- 2018 Message from Sarah Weiss 1.14.18
- For Empaths: Ten Strategies for Happy Holidays 12.10.17
- The Sun, Moon and Solstice Wisdom 12.04.17
- Ascension Medicine: Energy First 10.31.17
- What’s the Lesson? 9.28.17
- The Enlightened Empath Continued 9.14.17
- The Enlightened Empath Part Two: Flooding, Paralysis and Isolation 6.28.17
- The Enlightened Empath Part One 6.06.17
- Relaxation Should Be #1 on Your To-Do List! 4.02.17
- Intuition Helps You Know What You Already Know 2.19.17
- Living from the Ground of Being 1.12.17
- Getting Unstuck from 3D 1.07.17
- Empower Your 2017 Intentions with the 1/1/17 Crescent Moon 12.28.16
- Viral Anxiety: Are You Infected? 12.15.16
- 2017 The Year of Clarity 12.01.16
- If You Are a Spiritual Seeker you Know what to Do Right Now 11.13.16
- Spiritual Divorce: Creating Love and Light 10.08.16
- You Can’t Beat Karma to the Punch! 9.12.16
- Intuition…Your Trusty Guide to Dating and Relationships 8.08.16
- Jewish Grandmother and Consciousness Pioneer 7.30.16
- Happiness….Where is it Hiding? 5.13.16
- The Mystery School of Life 5.04.16
- Spring Equinox Retreat: Escape Velocity 3.03.16
- New Feminine Energies Rising–Teleclass 2.25.16
- Healing Intuition….Your Inner Physician 1.10.16
- Embodied Spirituality: Your Body as a Sacred Site 1.03.16
- 2015 Winter Solstice 12.17.15
- Versions of Your Higher Self 12.02.15
- Scared Sacred 10.29.15
- Fall Equinox and Mercury Retrograde: Peace or Chaos 9.15.15
- Taking A Look at the Third Eye! 8.27.15
- New Energy Supporting Healthy Relationships 8.18.15
- The Solstice Effect 6.07.15
- The Deeper Meaning of Grounding 5.20.15
- What is Grounding? 5.16.15
- Sedona Retreat Journal 5.12.15
- What’s Your Spiritual IQ? 5.05.15
- Preparing for the Equinox…..Spring is Coming! 2.20.15
- Heart Centered Full Consciousness Living 2.19.15
- Taking Refuge in Your Body 2.08.15
- Living (Surviving) the Cusp of a New Age 1.17.15
- Please Don’t Mangle the Teachings! 12.27.14
- The Trauma in Dismissing Intuitive Intelligence 12.07.14
- Full On Powerful…Stop Splitting and Crashing 11.04.14
- Solar Flares….We Like Them! 9.15.14
- Time to Upgrade Your Consciousness 9.10.14
- Death: A High Frequency Experience 9.03.14
- Nurturing Relationships…..Feelings are Power 8.26.14
- Full Moon Catapults Us Light Years 8.10.14
- Truth and Health in Relationships 7.09.14
- Heart Wisdom and Vision in Relationships: 2014 July Attunement 6.28.14
- Understanding the Solstice 6.15.14
- Summer Solstice 2014 6.03.14
- Embodying Spirit 4.27.14
- Presence, Patience and Wholeness 4.18.14
- Intuition: The Path to the Divine 1.01.70
- Accessing Subtle Energies: Preparation 1.01.70
- The Medical Intuitive Within: Part Three 1.01.70
- The Medical Intuitive Within: Part Two 1.01.70
- The Medical Intuitive Within: Part 1 1.01.70
- Medical Intuition: Where to Begin? 1.01.70
- 3 Little Steps to Become More Intuitive 1.01.70
- So You Want to Be More Intuitive? 1.01.70
- Twelve Myths about Intuition 1.01.70
- Visiting with the Divine Mother 4.17.14
- When is it Time to Heal? Part Five 3.01.14
- When is it Time to Heal? Part Four 2.17.14
- When is it Time to Heal? Part Three 2.10.14
- When is it Time to Heal? Part Two 2.04.14
- When Is It Time to Heal? Part One 1.30.14
- Saying “Yes” to the Sacred 1.19.14
- Solar Pole Shift…..As the Sun Turns, So Do We! 1.07.14
- Tired, Cranky, Sleepy…It’s the Solstice! 12.25.13
- Freedom to be Your True Self 12.15.13
- Loving Mother Earth 10.30.13
- Relationship Ecology: Heart of Divorce 10.27.13
- Equinox Attunement 9.16.13
- Your Community is Gathering 8.23.13
- Equinox Energies 6.01.13
- Unusual Energies 3.07.13
- Say “YES” to Mercury Retrograde 3.04.13
- The Wisdom of Meteors and Asteroids 2.18.13
- Working Too Hard 2.12.13
- Whackiness 1.31.13
- The Passing of a Beloved 1.22.13
- Spiritual Divorce Ceremony 1.13.13
- The Time We Have Been Waiting For 1.06.13
- Centered In Higher Self 12.30.12
- We’ve Shifted 12.26.12
- High and Low Frequencies 1.01.70
- Young Healers Among Us 6.11.12
- Sleep and Illness 6.07.12
- Venus Transit 6.05.12